It’s that time of year again! Time to submit your training session ideas for Netroots Nation 2014. We’re looking for sessions that are practical, engaging and dynamic.
We’d love to receive training submissions on these topics, but please don’t let these topics limit your creativity. We are looking for both beginner and advanced trainings, so that attendees of all experience levels can have a chance to learn at Netroots Nation. Suggested topics:
- Campaign strategy development
- Theory of change
- New media tools (especially affordable advertising, advocacy tools, mobile and other new tools)
- Using data to win campaigns
- Growing your campaign or movement
- Using social media strategically
- Effective message strategy
- Campaign infrastructure
- Overcoming institutional obstacles to change
- Blogging or working with elected officials effectively
- Measuring success
The most cohesive and effective trainings are often given by only one or two people. For that reason we do not allow more than two trainers to lead a training. Also, diversity is important. Please don’t submit sessions with two white trainers.
NEW FOR 2014: There will be a deeply discounted registration cost for panelists, trainers and speakers. The speaker rate is just $125 for the entire conference (less than the cost of a day pass). We will be offering panel organizers a limited pool of scholarships based on need. We’ll provide more information about that process after panels have been accepted. But if you’re communicating with potential panelists before you submit you should be sure to mention this new policy. If you have more questions about this policy, email us at PanelsNN14@netrootsnation.org.